Het programma voor 2014

In deze rubriek praat je over alles wat met de Volvo Oceanrace, circuitracen en Volvo's te maken heeft.
Plaats reactie
Ben
Executive Member
Contacteer:

Ben je dit jaar in Zweden?

Volvo Polestar Racing is going to run three Volvo S60 in the 2014 Scandinavian Touring Car Champion. Reigning champion Thed Björk continues the fight for the Swedish title together with triple STCC champion Fredrik Ekblom and Prince Carl Philip Bernadotte who starts his second STCC season.
”The goal for 2014 is to defend the title and we have no doubt a really strong lineup for this year’s challenge. Both Fredrik and Thed have won the title once for Volvo Polestar Racing, the fight between them and the other drivers in the championship is for sure going to be worth seeing this year,” said Derek Crabb, Motorsport Director of Volvo Cars.

Björk secured the 2013 STCC title with Volvo Polestar Racing after a record season where he claimed eight of 12 possible victories. His goal for 2014 is unchanged.
”I value the STCC title of last year as one of the absolute best in my career. But with that said, my hunger for new victories has not stopped. My goal is the same as last year, to take the title! But I know that my team mate Fredrik is looking for revenge after last year’s tough season and he is going to be a hard competitor this year,” said Björk.

Ekblom finished fifth overall last year after a tough start to the season. For 2014 he has set his sights on a fourth STCC title.
”I had a bit too much trouble in the early part of the season last year. That is why my lust for revenge is stronger than ever and I have my goal firmly set on the title, there is nothing else for me. Thed had an amazing season last year but there are many drivers wanting to beat him this year, including me,” said Ekblom with a smile.

Last year’s drivers Robert Dahlgren and Linus Ohlsson has left the STCC team for other assignments. Dahlgren races for Volvo Polestar Racing in the Australian V8 Supercars while Ohlsson is going to unveil his program shortly.
”Both Robert and Linus performed really well last year and we wish them the best of luck in their new programs. We have moved Robert to V8 Supercars this year and with that made reallocations of our recourses to have an optimal possibility to do well in both championships,” said Fredrik Wahlén, Team Manager for Volvo Polestar Racing.

Prince Carl Philip starts his seventh racing season overall and his second STCC season this year. He finished 13th in the drivers’ championship last year with seventh as best individual race result.
”My first STCC season was an incredible challenge that I really enjoyed. This year the plan is to take one step further forward and claim more solid top ten finishes. I am looking forward to the season start,” said Prince Carl Philip.

The countdown to the STCC premiere at Knutstorp in the south of Sweden on May 10 has begun, next up is the official test days on the same circuit April 23-25.

Calendar 2014 STCC

09-10/05 Knutstorp
06-07/06 Göteborg
11-12/07 Falkenberg
09-10/08 TBA
22-23/08 Knutstorp
05-06/09 Solvalla
19-20/09 Mantorp Park

Zijn de data waarop je het Volvo Polestar team kunt zien racen.
Laatst gewijzigd door Ben op 01.01.1970 - 01:00, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Volvohistorie: 244-245-440-850-V70-V70-S60-XC70-XC70-245-S70-V70
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Volvo Racing Nieuws”