Vreemd geluid aan de achterkant

Geleverd vanaf bouwjaar 2012, in de basisversie V40, de stoere V40 CrossCountry en de sportieve V40 R-design
Plaats reactie
haralabosg
1st Gear member

Hallo uit Athene / Griekenland. 2,5 jaar ben ik eigenaar van V40CC 1.5 T3. Vanaf het begin hoor ik een geluid (tik) wanneer ik achteruit ga en op de pauzes druk ... (je hebt het gevoel dat het niet goed is aangesloten). Heeft iemand dit opgemerkt ..?

- Dit is niet alleen mijn waarneming, maar in andere V40-stuurprogramma's in Griekenland en Italië ...

Ik gebruik Google vertaler om in het Nederlands te schrijven
V40 Cross Country Τ3 MOMENTUM PLUS (MY18)
Jelmer de Jong
6th Gear member

Can you try it in English? Cause the translation isnt't working as expected.

From what I can understand you hear or feel a clicking sound when reversing and pressing the brake.
haralabosg
1st Gear member

Jelmer de Jong schreef: 29.05.2020 - 18:01 <font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Can you try it in English? </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Cause the translation is not working as expected. </font></font>

<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">From what I can understand you hear or feel a clicking sound when reversing and pressing the brake.</font></font>
Yes, you understand perfect. This issue observed during reverse when i brake(only at the first press) and it seems that there is also in many v40.... One friend advise is to tighten the center screw in semi-axles (the screw behind VOLVO caps in the centre of rim). But for me the screw was already very tighten.. Have you any ideas what is the issue..?

( i feel like i drive car made by LEGO bricks )
ontheroadagain
1st Gear member

Usually this is the movement of the brake pads (in opposite direction) in the calipers.
Cleaning sometimes helps.
Volvo V40 T3 Nordic+ geartronic 2017
Tinus89
2nd Gear member

If indeed it is a "clonk" or whining noise when you first apply the brakes, this is related to either the pads moving a little bit in the caliper (clonk) or the blocks vibrating because they don't like the direction the brake disk moves.
The only solution (if it works) is to remove, clean, grease (back/sides) and reassemble the brake pads in the caliper. Sometimes that works. Otherwise, play the music a bit louder....
MY2015 V40 D4
haralabosg
1st Gear member

Tinus89 schreef: 30.05.2020 - 07:36 If indeed it is a "clonk" or whining noise when you first apply the brakes, this is related to either the pads moving a little bit in the caliper (clonk) or the blocks vibrating because they don't like the direction the brake disk moves.
The only solution (if it works) is to remove, clean, grease (back/sides) and reassemble the brake pads in the caliper. Sometimes that works. Otherwise, play the music a bit louder....
You are right. The noise was came from the front calipers which holds the brake pads. Yesterday i changed front & back brake pads in specialized brake service store and they managed to fix this extra gap...
Tinus89
2nd Gear member

Nice, happy it worked out after all!
MY2015 V40 D4
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “V40”